In 2015, the UN proposed to its member countries the new 2030 agenda.
This agenda seeks to ensure human rights, end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, achieve gender equality, act against climate change, and address some of the most significant challenges of our time.
With the proposal to end prejudice among the population, the fifth goal plans to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women.
For that, some targets were created to help accomplish the global goals. Check it out:
1. Eliminate all forms of discrimination against women and girls worldwide.
2. Put an end to all forms of violence against women and girls in the public and private sectors, including human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
3. Put an end to harmful practices like child marriage, forced marriage, and female genital mutilation.
4. Recognize and value domestic work and unpaid care by investing in infrastructure, implementing social protection policies, and encouraging shared responsibility within the home and family.
5. Ensure women’s equal participation in leadership opportunities and decision-making at all levels of political, economic, and public life.
6. Ensure universal access to reproductive health care and reproductive rights.
7. Guarantee women equal rights to economic resources, access to the property, financial services, inheritance, and natural resources.
8. Encourage the use of foundational technologies, mainly information and communication technologies.
9. Adopt and strengthen sound policies and laws to promote gender equality.
Join us at Light DeFi and help achieve global goals for improving the planet’s ecosystem!